November 30, 2022
CBFI has designed, produced and installed a new automatic edible ice plant with a capacity of 160 tons for a powerful European customer.
The first phase of the project is a tube ice machine with a production capacity of 160 tons and automatic supporting equipment, including four 30-ton tube ice machines, a set of elevator equipment, a set of ice screening device, a drying system, and two sets of automatic packing machines. The second phase of the project is two 20-ton solid-cut flat-tube ice machines.
Customer background introduction
Since the diet of Europeans is mainly beef and mutton, with bacon, butter, milk, etc., which have high calories, and the water in the tap is direct drinking water, ice cubes have become the most important part of the daily eating habits of Europeans. Whether it is drinking or drinking, it is customary to add ice cubes to enhance the taste of the drink and increase the coolness.
The customer of this ice factory is located in a big European country with strong strength. He jointly opened this ice factory with a friend from a neighboring country. His friend is an old customer of CBFI, and the ice-making equipment used in the ice factory in other countries comes from CBFI.
The two shareholders are optimistic about the potential and development of the entire European edible ice market. The ice they sell is mainly provided to restaurants, bars, high-end clubs in their own country and neighboring countries, as well as Michelin restaurants in Italy, Germany, and France.
Enterprise goals and demands
The customer requires that the design of the entire new ice plant must comply with the design standards of edible ice plants in Europe and the United States. The most important thing is the quality of the machinery and equipment. They believe that the quality of the machine is the lifeline of the ice plant. They have a relatively high degree of stability and automation of the ice machine demanding.
Pain point 1
The customer has a large demand for production capacity, and needs to place 6 ice machines and other related supporting equipment, but the space is limited.
The CBFI project team has rich experience in the design of edible ice plants. It has designed ice plants with an average tonnage of more than 100 tons for customers in Poland, Spain, South Korea, and France, and is very familiar with the design standards of European ice plants.
According to the actual situation of the customer's site and the size of the site, the machine room is designed on the second floor, and the cooling tower is shared by the unit, which greatly saves space. There is a certain distance between the ice machines for easy access for cleaning and maintenance. And after understanding the customer's repurchase intention, there is still enough space for new equipment.
Pain point 2
The customer repeatedly asked about the quality of CBFI equipment, and compared CBFI tube ice machine equipment with ABR and VOGT equipment.
CBFI tube ice machine started in 2010, has 8 years of experience in R&D and production, and its team has the ability of SE ice plant construction design, construction organization, production, training, and after-sales one-stop service.
1. Possess a number of national patented technologies: tubular transparent solid ice technology, liquid-filled tube ice technology, uniform ice cutting technology, and double-knife rotation controllable flat cutting technology. The unique solid tube ice technology and flat tube ice technology are at the leading level in the world.
2. Using 3D modeling and assembly methods, the production strictly implements 6S quality management standards. The assembly process of all products is unified, and the difference in performance and appearance is ≤5%.
3. The structure is compact, and the cost of the equipment is 15% lower than that of other products in the same industry; the energy consumption is about 70KW (under standard working conditions), which is lower than that of other equipment in the same industry.
4. The evaporator is made of special alloy material combined with unique heat treatment process, so that the evaporator has the best thermal conductivity; its large rounded corners are over-designed, so that there is no dead angle for equipment cleaning.
CBFI solid cut flat tube ice machine has the following characteristics:
1. Patented cutting technology ensures smooth cutting, and the sawing rate is over 95%.
2. Anti-rust, corrosion-resistant, durable cutting blade, using SUS440C (scalpel grade material)
3. Patented refrigeration technology eliminates all problems caused by load changes and ensures the stable operation of the entire refrigeration system
4. Exclusive ice-making water control system to ensure that the ice-fixing rate is above 98%
Pain point 3
The customer pointed out that the local labor cost is high, and the whole set of equipment needs to be automated to save operating costs.
CBFI has a dedicated team of electrical engineers who are responsible for integrating automation control. When the ice storage hopper is full of ice, the signal is released, the tube ice machine stops operating, the ice in the ice storage hopper is transported to the packing production line, and the packing machine automatically packs the finished ice cubes. The whole process does not require manual operation, and also ensures the cleanliness and hygiene of the ice cubes.
Pain point 4
During the market research, the customer found that the ice cubes of other manufacturers were sticking together, and the sticking ice cubes became a lump of ice, which greatly affected the appearance and quality of use. It is required that the tube ice should be dry and not stick.
CBFI has designed a special ice drying room for customers to ensure that the ice is dry and does not stick. On the one hand, the ice cubes are separated under the vibration of the vibrating conveyor; on the other hand, the water on the surface of the ice cubes is quickly freeze-dried by the cooling fan above.
Pain point 5
The customer requested that the SGS agency enter the factory to test the equipment before delivery.
"True gold is not afraid of fire"! CBFI readily agreed to the customer's request. After the inspection by CBFI quality control department, the SGS organization came to inspect again. The result of the inspection was that all ice machines and supporting equipment fully met the quality requirements, and finally shipped smoothly and arrived at the customer's site.
Enterprise effect feedback
According to customer feedback, the current equipment is running very stably, the ice is produced smoothly, and the quality of the ice cubes is excellent. It has formed a good reputation in the local edible ice market.
Especially under the global high temperature this year, the high temperature in Europe continues, and the sales of ice cubes are very tight. Due to the stable operation of the customer's ice factory equipment and large output, it has also successfully entered the edible ice market in surrounding countries.
The two 20-ton solid-cut flat-tube ice machines repurchased by the customer have also been produced and will be shipped next week.