From the market point of view, the condensation methods of flake ice machines are roughly divided into two types: air cooling and water cooling. In general, small flake ice machines are conventionally air-cooled, and large and medium-sized flake ice machines are conventionally water-cooled. Today we will first understand the air-cooled flake ice machine.
As the name suggests, the air-cooled flake ice machine uses an air-cooled condenser.
Determined by the ambient temperature, the higher the ambient temperature, the higher the condensation temperature. Generally, an air-cooled condenser is used, and the condensing temperature is 7~12℃ higher than the ambient temperature. This value of 7~12℃ is called the heat exchange temperature difference. The higher the condensing temperature, the lower the refrigeration efficiency of the refrigeration unit, so we must control this heat exchange temperature difference should not be too large. However, if the temperature difference of heat exchange is to be too small, the heat exchange area of the air-cooled condenser and the circulating air volume will be larger, and the cost of the air-cooled condenser will be higher. The temperature limit is not higher than 55℃ and not lower than 20℃. Generally, air-cooled condensers are not recommended in areas where the ambient temperature exceeds 42°C. Therefore, whether to choose an air-cooled condenser, first confirm the ambient temperature. Generally, when designing an air-cooled flake ice machine, the customer must be required to provide the highest ambient dry bulb temperature throughout the year. Air-cooled condensers cannot be used in areas where the ambient temperature exceeds 40°C.
Advantage of ice flake machine:
1. No need of water resources, low operating cost.
2. It is easy to install and use, no other supporting equipment is needed, and it can be put into operation as long as it is connected to the power supply without polluting the environment.
3. Suitable for areas with severe water shortage or rare water supply.
Disadvantages of ice flake machine:
1. Higher cost investment.
2. The high condensing temperature reduces the operating efficiency of the refrigeration unit.
3. Not suitable for areas with dirty air and dusty climate.