Some customers have reported that the ice machine sometimes has operational problems because of refrigerant leakage. Let’s look at several refrigerant leak detection methods.
1. Visual inspection: When oil stains are found somewhere in the system, this may be a leakage point. There is a big defect. Unless the system suddenly breaks and the system leaks a large leak and the system leaks liquid colored media, the visual leak cannot be located because the leak is usually very small, and many parts of the refrigeration system are almost invisible.
2. bubble water or soapy water leak detection: Fill the system with 10-20kg/cM2 pressure nitrogen, and then apply soapy water to all parts of the system. The bubbling point is the leakage point. This method is the most common leak detection method for maintenance workers, but the human arm is limited, the human vision is limited, and in many cases the leak is not seen at all.
3. Leak detection with nitrogen water: Fill the system with 10-20kg/cm2 pressure nitrogen, immerse the system in water, and the bubbling point is the leakage point. The obvious shortcomings of this method: the water used for leak detection is easy to enter the system, causing the materials in the system to be corroded. At the same time, high-pressure gas may also cause greater damage to the system, and the labor intensity for leak detection is also great.
4. Fluorescence leak detection: It uses the principle that fluorescent leak detection agent emits bright yellow and green light under the irradiation of ultraviolet/blue leak detection lamp to detect fluid leakage in various systems. When in use, only a certain proportion of fluorescent agent is added to the system. After the system operates for 20 minutes, wear special glasses and illuminate the outside of the system with a leak detection lamp. The leak will show yellow fluorescence.
5. Gas differential pressure leak detection: Using the pressure difference between the inside and outside of the system, the pressure difference is amplified by the sensor, and the leak detection result is expressed in the form of digital or sound or electronic signals. This method can only "qualitatively" know whether the system is leaking, but cannot accurately find the leak.
6.Halogen lamp leak detection: Ignite the leak detection lamp and hold the air tube on the halogen lamp. When the nozzle is close to the leaking part of the system, the flame color changes to purple blue, which indicates that there is a large amount of leakage. In this way, open flames are generated, which is not only dangerous, but the combination of open flames and refrigerants will produce harmful gases, and it is also difficult to accurately locate leaks. So this method is hardly used by anyone now.
7. Electronic leak detector for leak detection: Electronic leak detector is a reliable leak detector. Because of its accuracy in leak detection, it has quickly occupied the market in recent years. When using it, move the probe against the place where leakage is possible. When leak detection When the device sounds an alarm, it indicates that there is a leak. Leak detection with an electronic leak detector is currently the most scientific, simple and fast leak detection method.